From oil-based paints and pesticides, to gasoline and pool chemicals, there are many household items that shouldn’t go in the trash or down the drain. That’s why OCRRA has set up a drop-off program specifically for hazardous wastes. Just make an appointment ahead of time! You'll receive instructions on how to prepare your items and where to bring them (Environmental Products and Service of Vermont) when you get your appointment confirmation email. Have a question about an item not listed below? Send us an email.
Business materials are not accepted. Residents of the Town and Village of Skaneateles are NOT eligible for this program as these municipalities are not part of the OCRRA service area.
The costs associated with this program are underwritten by OCRRA and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Automotive products like transmission fluid, brake fluid, engine degreaser, antifreeze, diesel fuel and gasoline
- Cleaning supplies such as oven cleaner, drain cleaner, lye, toilet bowl cleaner, floor and furniture polish, mothballs and petroleum products
- Gardening supplies and pesticides
- Painting supplies such as oil-based paints, stains or finishes, paint thinner, turpentine, brush cleaner, paint stripper and wood preservatives
- Other miscellaneous products including pool chemicals, lighter fluid, kerosene, driveway sealer, mercury thermometers and thermostats, nail polish remover, smoke detectors, loose asbestos and asbestos pipe wrapping (pipes removed); all asbestos must be double-bagged.
- Any product whose label has descriptions such as toxic, flammable, poisonous or corrosive
We do not accept: