From paints and pesticides to gasoline and fluorescent light bulbs, there are many items in a modern household that shouldn’t go in the trash or down the drain. That’s why OCRRA has set up a drop-off program specifically for hazardous wastes. Just make an appointment ahead of time! You'll receive instructions on how to prepare your items and where to bring them (Environmental Products and Service of Vermont) when you get your appointment confirmation email.
What can you bring?
- Automotive products like transmission fluid, brake fluid, engine degreaser, antifreeze, diesel fuel and gasoline
- Cleaning supplies such as oven cleaner, drain cleaner, lye, toilet bowl cleaner, floor and furniture polish, mothballs and petroleum products
- Gardening supplies and pesticides
- Painting supplies such as oil-based paints, stains or finishes, paint thinner, turpentine, brush cleaner, paint stripper and wood preservatives
- Other miscellaneous products like fluorescent light bulbs (any style), pool chemicals, lighter fluid, kerosene, driveway sealer, mercury thermometers and thermostats, nail polish remover, smoke detectors and loose asbestos
- Any product whose label has descriptions such as toxic, flammable, poisonous or corrosive
We do not accept: