How Do I Get Rid Of…
Twenty pound (and larger) tanks should NEVER be tossed into the trash or blue bin.
Below is a list of businesses that take them. Each location has different tank preparation requirements (e.g. valves may need to be removed or tanks may need to be cut in half) and restrictions about what types of tanks they accept. Disposal charges may apply. Please call in advance for details:
- Ben Weitsman & Son, Solvay 488-3171
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Clay 622-2600
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, East Syracuse 434-9100
- Bodow Recycling, Syracuse 422-2552
- B’ville Supply, Baldwinsville 635-5221
- Country Propane, Central Square, Clay and Dewitt
- Energy Gases, East Syracuse 446-8400
- Metalico, Syracuse 463-9292
Large 20-pound tanks (used with full-size outdoor grills) can be refilled and reused repeatedly.
Small, 1-pound cylinders (often used when camping) should be completely emptied and put in the trash (NOT the blue bin). Just like all other cans with contents under pressure (spray paint, WD-40, etc.), please be sure to use up all the contents before tossing them into the trash, as they may ignite otherwise.