We offer free assessments that advise your business, apartment complex, school or manufacturing company on which recycling practices make the most sense for your location.
Properly managing materials generated at a workplace can be tricky business. Recycling is required by our county’s Source Separation Law.
Use the “How do I get rid of” bar above to search the database and make sure that you’re disposing of waste properly.
Set Up Your Own Workplace Recycling Program
Organizing a recycling program shows your employees, your customers and your community that you care.
If you want to set up or improve a program at your business, these basic steps will help you get started:
- Designate a recycling coordinator.
- Schedule a free on-site visit from an OCRRA Recycling Specialist.
- Inform your custodial staff or cleaning service.
- Separate recyclables from trash.
- Make sure that the proper outdoor containers are available.
- Educate your coworkers.
- Distribute recycling containers to all employees.
Your individual program will be affected by your type of facility, office layout and corporate culture. There are various recycling models to choose from, and you might even use different models in different work areas.
OCRRA’s Recycling Specialists offer advice based on what has worked in similar environments and find the right program for you. We also provide presentations and recycling supplies for free! Contact us to set up a visit.
Blue Ribbon Recycler Program
The distinction of Blue Ribbon Recycler is awarded to local businesses that demonstrate leadership in recycling and waste reduction. More than 65 local businesses have achieved this honor!
The program is good for the environment and can be good for your bottom line. Oftentimes, reducing waste saves you money by decreasing the size of your trash container or how often trash is collected.
Plus, there are a number of other benefits. Each certified organization receives:
- High-profile attention in OCRRA’s quarterly printed newsletter that reaches 100,000 residents
- An award certificate and decal that shows off your recycling achievements
- A seal of recycling excellence for use on your company letterhead, website and email signatures
- A certification letter that can be shared with customers
- An individualized promotional event at your workplace
- Eligibility for recognition as OCRRA’s Recycler of the Year
Check the requirements and apply to become a certified Blue Ribbon Recycler today!