If you’re a company or organization, such as a restaurant, grocery store, school or workplace with a company cafeteria, and want to reduce waste and save the environment, OCRRA can help!
We’ll assist you in setting up a process for diverting food waste, which offers a number of benefits:.
- Reduces your trash volume, which may reduce what you pay to dispose of it
- Costs less to dispose of food waste through OCRRA’s Compost Program (about half as much)
- Shows your customers that you are environmentally responsible
- Produces compost that can be used throughout our community
Contact us today, and we’ll help set up a program that works for you, your employees and your customers.
OCRRA salutes the local businesses and schools that are leading the environmental pack by composting food scraps with OCRRA:
• Crouse Hospital
• Destiny USA (25+ food service locations)
• Empire Brewing Company
• Jordan-Elbridge School District
• Fayetteville-Manlius School District
• Giovanni Food Company, Inc.
• LaFayette School District
• Le Moyne College
• Onondaga Community College
• Pastabilities Restaurant
• Paul deLima Coffee
• Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center
• SUNY Upstate at Community General Hospital
• SUNY Upstate University Hospital
• Syracuse Banana
• Syracuse University
• The Centers at St. Camillus
• The Oncenter
• Wegmans (8 CNY stores)
• Westhill Central School District
In addition to businesses in our community, more than 6,700 students in 16 schools across 4 districts in Onondaga County are separating their cafeteria food scraps from their trash and recyclables. In turn, OCRRA transforms them into nutrient-rich compost that is used to grow thriving plants!
On average, schools find a 50%-80% reduction in trash when they begin food scrap composting.