Conditions of Use
OCRRA marks indicated on our site are trademarks owned exclusively by the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency. The use of these trademarks is prohibited if used in connection with the sale of any product that is not OCRRA’s, in any manner that seeks to disparages or discredit OCRRA or in any manner that may cause confusion among our customers.
All content on this website is the exclusive property of the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency. Said content includes text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video clips, digital downloads, and software. Our content is protected by United States and international copyright laws and we reserve all rights contained therein. In case of dispute or infringement, we will rigorously defend our rights to this material.
PROTECTING YOUR ACCOUNT
Some portions of this website permit username and passwords to be used. You are responsible for protecting your unique username and password and you agree to be responsible for all activities performed under your user account.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency grants you (the user) a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. This license does not include the right to download any material (other than routine page caching), modify any material, or any portion thereof, without the express written consent of The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency. This license excludes the download or collection of logos, product descriptions, pricing, text, graphics, audio and video clips, and/or copying account information. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written permission of the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency. You are prohibited from using meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing OCRRA's name or trademarks without the express written consent of the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency. Any unauthorized use of this websites voids the limited license granted by the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency.
CONTENT SUBMITTED BY SITE USERS
If you do post content to this site or otherwise submit material (including, but not limited to, photographs and testimonials), you grant the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. By your submission you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency or its affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply. The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency reserves the right to remove any content at our sole discretion.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This site is provided by the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the operation of the site or the content contained therein. You expressly agree that your use of www.ocrra.org is at your own risk.
The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency cannot warrant that this site, our servers, or email communications affiliated with the use of this website, are free from viruses. The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency will not be responsible for any damages of any kind resulting from use of this website, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
By visiting www.OCRRA.org, you agree that the laws of the state of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency.
COMPOST SITE MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
This section applies only to those site visitors who are purchasing a residential-use, compost site membership pass through www.OCRRA.org.
SITE USE AND TERMS FOR DROP OFF & COMPOST / MULCH PICK UP
I have requested to enter an OCRRA Compost Site (“Site”) to drop off yard waste and household food waste (unlimited volume) and/or to take up to three (3) cubic yards of compost or six (6) cubic yards of mulch (as available) on the following terms:
- I represent that the yard waste and / or food waste that I am dropping off contains no hazardous contaminants. If it does, I will be responsible if my materials cause any contamination to the Site or to compost/mulch at the OCRRA Site.
- I agree to use any compost/mulch I receive from OCRRA only on property owned by me.
- I agree to accept full and sole responsibility for any and all injuries to myself, my family or guests, or damages to my vehicle or my property incurred while on the Site or caused by me during the drop off of my yard waste or the picking up or loading of compost/mulch by OCRRA personnel. I will not hold OCRRA or the County of Onondaga responsible for any injuries or property damage resultant while I am on the Site, including from the loading of compost/mulch by OCRRA personnel, or from my use of the compost/mulch. I agree not to bring any legal action against OCRRA related to the quality, condition, or use of the compost/mulch and if any such action is brought I will accept full responsibility for it and hold OCRRA harmless. I also agree to defend and hold OCRRA harmless from any injuries or damages caused by the use of my vehicle on Site or by my activities while on Site.
- I agree to accept this compost/mulch “as is” and understand that OCRRA makes absolutely no warranties or representations related to its quality, use or fitness for any purpose whatsoever or other warranties of any kind.
- I recognize that compost/mulch contains spores, fungus and other substances that may cause allergic or other reactions and I will assume all risks to myself or others from exposure to such substances and will hold OCRRA and Onondaga County harmless for any personal injury resulting therefrom.
- There is a $10.00 replacement fee for lost compost site membership passes.
- Residential-use, compost site membership pass pricing does not apply to dual-axle trailers. Site visitors using this type of vehicle must abide by OCRRA’s Commercial Use Fee Schedule, accessible at www.OCRRA.org.
- In order to purchase a residential-use, compost site membership pass online, I represent that I have carefully read all of the above terms and conditions before dropping off any yard waste and/or accepting any compost/mulch and agree to be bound by them.
- If I am purchasing a residential-use, compost site membership pass as a gift, I agree to print out a copy of these terms and conditions and share with the recipient, so they are aware of the same, prior to Site usage.
ONLINE ORDER INFORMATION
This section applies only to those site visitors who are ordering recycling supplies or purchasing trash bag stickers or compost site memberships through www.OCRRA.org.
OCRRA does not give refunds. Please review your order carefully before submitting.
- Free Items (e.g., Recycling Supply Orders) must be picked up at the designated OCRRA location, unless otherwise specified.
- Purchased Items (e.g., Compost Site Memberships or Trash Bag Stickers) will be mailed to customers via the U.S. Postal System.
CHANGES IN POLICY
The Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency reserves the right to modify, alter, delete and update these policies at any time we see fit. Such alterations do not nullify our rights if infringements or breaches occurred under a previous version of these conditions.