|** Updated 5/4/20**
In these uncertain times, please know OCRRA is working to ensure no disruption to your trash and recycling collection. In order to protect the health of our staff, haulers and community, OCRRA has made the following changes to its operations, until further notice:
- Textile Recycling Event on May 16 is cancelled.
- Household hazardous waste appointments are suspended until further notice.
- Recycling supply orders are suspended until further notice
Ley Creek Transfer Station
- The Ley Creek Transfer Station continues to be open Monday–Friday. It remains closed on Saturdays. All visitors are required to practice 6’ of social distancing and wear a mask while on-site. HOURS: Monday – Friday, 6:30 am – 1:30 pm.
Amboy Compost Site
- The Amboy Compost Site is open for residential drop off and material sales as of Monday, May 4, 2020. All customers must practice 6’ of social distancing and wear masks while on-site. HOURS: Monday – Saturday, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Jamesville Compost Site
- The Jamesville Compost Site is open for residential drop off and material sales as of Thursday, May 7, 2020. All customers must practice 6’ of social distancing and wear masks while on-site.
HOURS: Thursday – Saturday, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Rock Cut Road Transfer Station
Closed until further notice due to on-going construction.
Battery Drop Off Locations at Wegmans
- Closed until further notice.
OCRRA does nothing alone – our community’s solid waste management is facilitated with the help of many key partners, including Covanta, Waste Management / Recycle America and the Town of Camillus.
- Covanta has taken many precautions to ensure that there are no interruptions to processing household waste, metal recovery or electricity generation at the Waste-to-Energy Facility in Jamesville.
- Waste Management / Recycle America in Liverpool continues to sort and deliver recyclables; they have taken special precautions to ensure there is no disruption to our county’s recycling program.
- The Town of Camillus has reduced hours of their construction and demolition landfill to ensure this essential service continues, while also limiting potential exposure between operators and the public.
Register for our emails to be notified of future operation changes; simply scroll to the bottom of this page and enter your email address in the green section.
Thank you for hunkering down in your household, limiting your social interactions and continually washing your hands to contain the spread of COVID-19. Sacrifices for the greater good are disrupting life as we know it; but together we are saving the world a little each day.
The OCRRA Team