|** Updated 3/20/20: Changes to the previous post are shown in red.**
In these uncertain times, please know OCRRA is working to ensure no disruption to your trash and recycling collection. In order to protect the health of our staff, haulers and community, OCRRA has made the following changes to its operations, until further notice:
Ley Creek Transfer Station
- There are no changes to weekday hours, they remain Monday through Friday from 6:30 am –1:30 pm. The facility is closed ALL Saturdays starting, March 23, 2020. We discourage any non-essential visits to the site. Residents seeking disposal options for remodeling debris or large clean-outs may contact a local hauler for removal. A list of haulers can be found here: www.tinyurl.com/TrashHaulers2
Amboy Compost Site
- Residents and Commercial / Municipal Entities: The site is closed as of March 20, 2020.
In light of government calls to pause operations, we are no longer able to provide a designated residential drop off area outside of the facility gates, nor mulch. We are very sorry for this change in plans.
Jamesville Compost Site
Residents and Commercial / Municipal Entities: Drop off is closed until further notice.
- The main office is closed until further notice.
- Public meetings can be accessed remotely. Visit www.tinyurl.com/OCRRAmeetings for details.
- Earth Day Litter Cleanup is not happening on April 24 and 25.
- Textile Recycling Event is not happening on May 16.
- Household hazardous waste appointments are suspended until further notice.
- Recycling supply orders are suspended until further notice.
Rock Cut Road Transfer Station
Closed until further notice due to on-going construction.
Battery Drop Off Locations at Wegmans
- Closed until further notice.
OCRRA does nothing alone – our community’s solid waste management is facilitated with the help of many key partners, including Covanta, Waste Management / Recycle America and the Town of Camillus.
- Covanta has taken many precautions to ensure that there are no interruptions to processing household waste, metal recovery or electricity generation at the Waste-to-Energy Facility in Jamesville.
- Waste Management / Recycle America in Liverpool continues to sort and deliver recyclables; they have taken special precautions to ensure there is no disruption to our county’s recycling program.
- The Town of Camillus has reduced hours of their construction and demolition landfill to ensure this essential service continues, while also limiting potential exposure between operators and the public.
Register for our emails to be notified of future operation changes; simply scroll to the bottom of this page and enter your email address in the green section.
Thank you for hunkering down in your household, limiting your social interactions and continually washing your hands to contain the spread of COVID-19. Sacrifices for the greater good are disrupting life as we know it; but together we are saving the world a little each day.
The OCRRA Team