Do you have confidential papers that you want to clear out of your house, but you don’t have a shredder or don’t have the time to feed them one-by-one into a tiny home shredder?
OCRRA has several solutions for you!
1) Attend OCRRA's Shred-o-Rama Event!
WHEN: Saturday, May 6, 2017 (8 am - noon)
WHERE: NBT Bank Stadium (formerly Alliance Bank Stadium) - enter off Grant Blvd. (off Hiawatha Blvd.)
WHY: Residents can bring their confidential papers to be shredded at no charge. Five box limit per vehicle.
Confidata, a division of Empire Recycling Corporation, and Shred Solvers are collaborating with OCRRA to help residents prevent identity theft and ensure that their minced paper is recycled. Both Confidata and Shred Solvers are local document shredding companies with mobile shredding vehicles.
Personal records from a household such as medical documents, bank information, tax documents and other items containing account numbers or private details are ideal for drop off. Attendees do not need a reservation and there is no charge, thanks to Confidata and Shred Solvers’ generous donation of their time and talent.
Participants should do the following:
- Pack confidential documents, loosely, in durable boxes, containers or paper bags. (Avoid bringing items in plastic bags as they slow down the shredding process.) Remove binders or other non-paper contaminants.
- Bring no more than five boxes of documents generated or received at home, per vehicle. Only materials generated at home will be accepted. Materials from businesses are not accepted at the event.*
- Enter the stadium parking lot from the Grant Boulevard / Hiawatha Boulevard intersection.
- Stay in their vehicle.
From entrance to exit, wait times average between five and ten minutes. There is no need for participants to exit their vehicles as the event is full service; staff unloads all vehicles.
Note: Shred-o-Rama is open to households only. Businesses looking to shred confidential documents should see below.
2) Office Max locations offer shredding services for a modest fee. Contact the location nearest you for more details.
3) Businesses and residents with large volumes of material can check out the vendors below for year-round service.
Feher Rubbish Removal
Secure Destruction Services for Materials other than Recyclable Paper:
Covanta 4 Recovery